Where to Register
- Call us at 541-4010 to ask questions about registration.
- How To Vote-by-Mail http://www.slocounty.ca.gov/clerk/Elections/VotingInfo/HowtoVBM.htm
- Register online at https://rtv.sos.ca.gov/elections/register-to-vote.
- You can also visit the San Luis Obispo County Clerk-Recorder’s Office at 1055 Monterey Street, Suite D105 in San Luis Obispo. Call (805) 781-5088 between 8 am and 5 pm or visit their website at www.slocounty.ca.gov/clerk/elections.htm for more information.
… & Vote
Check back here when there’s an election in progress and we’ll post the link to find your polling place.
If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing “proof of identification” the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that
shows your name and address.
California voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 15 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: 15 days before Election Day.
- Online: 15 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
California voter registration rules
To register in California you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of California
- be at least 18 years of age at the time of the next election
- not be imprisoned or on parole for the conviction of a felony
- not currently be judged mentally incompetent by a court of law
California voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.